A "tongue in cheek" blog title for the experience that I will share about the all too quiet brown recluse spider who "attacked" and then defended itself to the death. Here is my day-by-day account of the fiddleback's tiny little parting gift that continues to unfold under my skin.

Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day Seven: 6/12/11

It has been one whole week since I was bitten by the brown recluse spider and at this point I think it's safe to say that I am in the clear. Yay! Today was a good day. Little to no pain. Full mobility. No muscle spasms/cramps. Mild skin irritation/itching, mainly on the pink skin where the poison has newly expanded and created an updated border for us.

An open letter to the BRS poison that is running it's course through my leg:

Thanks poison. It's nice to know where you are and what you're doing under there and I appreciate your choice to spread out and explore new flesh instead of staying stagnant and becoming necrotic. ;-) I appreciate your curious and happily uneventful course. I'd be quite happy if you could just go ahead and leave my body entirely and I do not feel apologetic for saying this, "I will not miss you!"

Here are tonight's pics! You can just barely see the sharpie line from yesterday, as the essential oils do a wonderful job at removing sharpie from skin, but you can see the new bright pink skin on the outer rim of the newly defined bullseye if you look close enough.





No comments:

Post a Comment