A "tongue in cheek" blog title for the experience that I will share about the all too quiet brown recluse spider who "attacked" and then defended itself to the death. Here is my day-by-day account of the fiddleback's tiny little parting gift that continues to unfold under my skin.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Day Five: 6/10/11

I went to see our family doctor today and he said that my leg looks good! This is great news. When I expressed concern about it possibly getting worse in the next few days, his response was that "necrosis would have set in 24 to 48 hours after being bitten." While I love that statement...it contradicts everything that I've read online over the past five Arachnophobia obsessed days! I just really hope that he's right. Damn you Google and your infinite resources!!!

How's the pain? Much better! Decreased that is. :o) I am able to walk normally and can sit down without wincing in pain. The muscle cramps happened only twice so far today. Very good news. I am very leery a throw out hands in defense of my leg when any of the boys come running up to me ready to pounce on the couch next to me or even jump up to give me a hug. They can't seem to remember that Mommy's leg is hurt.

Arachnophobia or complete paranoia has set in. When I get dressed in the morning or when I reach for my towel from the shower, I shake it no less than 42 times and then further inspect it for potential spiders. If a loose hair falls from my head onto my arm, my first thought is, "Aaah! SPIDER! Get it off me!" Then I can breathe easy when I discover that it's just a single little blonde misplaced hair. *Sigh*

Pictures! Here is my leg on day five. While it may look worse on the outside, I can honestly say that it is feeling much better on the inside. The redness is still spreading out more and I'm having a hard time getting the whole shot of the raised infection without taking a picture of my ass! I suppose it's no worse than being at the pool in a bathing suit, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment