A "tongue in cheek" blog title for the experience that I will share about the all too quiet brown recluse spider who "attacked" and then defended itself to the death. Here is my day-by-day account of the fiddleback's tiny little parting gift that continues to unfold under my skin.

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Day Four: 6/9/11

I am feeling pretty well today. Had some flu-like symptoms yesterday evening: weakness, nausea, joint pain. All of which are common symptoms of the BRS bite. Today the bullseye is very itchy, but I think at this point it's because it is healing. At least that's what I'm telling myself! 

I have a significant rash on my back, chest, midsection, and right leg. I'm unsure whether it's from the bite, the antibiotics, or stress. May be all of the above.

I know that you all want to see it, so here's a picture of my new rash. 



Today I am adding a compound of therapeutic grade basil oil and lavender oil. It smells great and my leg looks about the same as yesterday, so in my opinion...that's great news. It's not getting worse. 



My friend and Young Living Essential Oils (EO) Consultant, Kelli also gave me some Pan-Away EO (which is comprised of wintergreen, clove, peppermint, and some other oils) and it is helping with the muscle tension that I've been having in my right hamstring.



Also, while walking and sitting are uncomfortable, they are not excruciatingly painful like yesterday. A little better everyday. Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment